Facebook pages are extremely important to both large and small businesses. They are a great way of interacting with your target audience and making them aware of any new products or services that you offer. The last thing you would want, is your page to not be displaying in the search results on Facebook.
If your Facebook page isn’t showing up in the search results on Facebook, this post is for you.
Identifying the problem
The first thing you need to do is locate your page. This is because your page is most likely showing up, however not in the place you would expect.
1. Go to Facebook
2. Using the search bar, type in the name of your page
3. Click on “See more results for ____” where the blank is your page name
4. Click on ‘Pages’ in the left menu
Your page should be on this list, it might not be the first couple of results so scroll down a little. To get to the first results you need to take a look at what you are posting. Take a look at these Facebook post guidelines to give you some idea of the type of content you need to post.
If your page isn’t in this list:
5. Click on ‘Places’ in the left menu
If you didn’t see your page under ‘Pages’ your Facebook page has most likely been changed to a ‘Place’.
It does this based on the information you have entered before you create your page, and if anyone has ‘checked in’ to the address you entered in your page’s basic information.
Finally, if the page hasn’t shown up when following all the above steps, it is likely a setting within your page is incorrect.
There are three possible solutions, all of which should be completed:
The first is to claim your Facebook page:
1. Go to your Facebook page
2. Click the ‘Do you know the owner?’ which can be found in the settings (cog at the top right)
This link is only appearing because your Facebook page is displaying as a Place in the search.
3. In the popup, enter the email address, or the Facebook name of the owner of the page
This should send an email to the account, notifying them how they can claim their page.
If you can see the ‘Is this your business?’ link in the same place, I would also recommend verifying that you are the owner.
The second is to change your page category:
1. Go to your Facebook page
2. Click on Manage > ‘Edit page’
3. Click on ‘Basic information’
4. In the ‘Category’ selector, choose any other than ‘Local businesses & places’
5. Click ‘Save changes’
This should change your page from a ‘Place’ to a ‘Page’
Finally, you need to check your settings
1. Go to your page
2. Click on ‘Edit page’
3. Click on ‘Manage permissions’
4. Make sure the ‘Country restrictions’ box is empty
If this has a value, you could be hiding your page from a country without meaning to.
The above steps won’t update straight away, however if you check again tomorrow, it should now be displaying in the search results under ‘Pages’.
If you have an alternative method, or if you found any of these techniques worked for you then do let others know by using the comments below.