It is often better to separate your professional profile to your personal profile on Facebook. This is so you can use Facebook to help gain new customers or clients and build professional relationships as well as keeping in touch with your friends and family, but most importantly, not mixing the two.
If you have recently created your Facebook page, you may have a lot of your professional contacts mixed in with your private contacts. I would advise you not to delete your professional contacts as they are still potential customers and you want to maintain a relationship with them, just make sure that anything you post onto your profile is suitable for both audiences.
The following tutorial will provide you with a means of adding a link from your Facebook profile, to your Facebook page.
The link is located in the ‘Works at’ part of your profile.
There are two solutions to this, the first is simple, however won’t work for everyone.
1. From your profile, click ‘Update Info’
2. In the ‘Work and Education’ section, type the name of your page
3. If your page appears, select it, and fill in the remaining details.
Once you have installed the toolbar:
1. Go to your Facebook page and click ‘Edit page’
2. In the URL at the top of the page, copy the ID
3. Go back to your Facebook profile and click ‘Update info’
4. Enter the name of your page, this will open further fields to fill in and select the name you entered
5. Using the web developer toolbar, click forms, display form details
This will make the web page look cluttered due to lots of hidden fields now being displayed.
6. To the right of the name you entered, you should see an input field called ‘employer_id’, paste your pages ID number in there
7. You will now want to turn off the ‘Display form details’ by clicking tools, then display form details in the web developer bar. (Same as step 5)
8. Click add job.
9. If you had a job previously entered, make sure you change the date range of that job so your page is your current work.
That’s it! If you view your profile, your work will now be your page name, and it will link directly to your page.
Once you have this set up. I highly recommend posting on other peoples pages as your page. This will increase your exposure and links back to your page.
I hope you find this tutorial useful. Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions or need any help.