Facebook pages have been around for some time now, but time and time again I don’t see people making the most of them. This post will discuss the benefits of using Facebook as your page and not your profile.
I’m sure you are all aware to the purpose of a Facebook page, but just in case you have been hiding for a little while, they are a means for your company, brand or product to have a presence on the Facebook platform. From your page you can give industry specific news, company updates, support for your clients and build a community around you or what you offer.
Most pages that I see have the basics down, they regularly post, have a landing page, interact with their audience and get them to like or comment on their status updates. Despite these all being very good practices, they are also strategies that are difficult to get new people onto your page to find that great content! One way to do that is to use Facebook as your page!
What does using Facebook as your page mean?
Using Facebook as your page means that whenever you browse other companies pages, or profiles of the people who have liked your page, you can interact with them as your page. This means your page’s name will be displayed on their walls with a link back to your Facebook page!
Any comments you leave are new links that people could click to get to your custom Facebook landing tab (which should have a very strong call to action to get them to click like).
How do I use Facebook as my page?
This part is very simple.
1. When on your profile click the down arrow in the main navigation, far right.
2. Select the page you wish to use
That’s it! Please note that you may need to have over 25 page likes to be able to see this option.
If you manage a lot of pages, you might not see your page in this dropdown, if this is the case:
- Go to your page
- Click ‘Manage‘
- Click ‘Use Facebook as ____‘ where the blank is your page name.
To confirm that you are now your page, your pages profile picture should now be in the top right of Facebook right next to your Pages name (next to the ‘home’ link).
So now that you are using Facebook as your page, you need to start using Facebook!
Here are a few things for you to do:
- Go to people’s profiles who like your page and start up a conversation with them, all of their friends will see it.
- Go to other companies pages that are in a similar industry and post relevant and interesting comments
- Find groups that relevant to your page and interact with them, give advice, start a discussion.
- Like other pages so that their stories come up in your news feed (when your using Facebook as your page).
- Join other peoples conversation (providing you have something useful to add!)
However, don’t do these:
- State “Come and like my page” – It looks spammy and the page admins are likely to delete your post
- Be rude – As your acting on behalf of your page, you need to build a relationship with people, not annoy them or drive them away
- Disrespect other pages rules – This is very similar to the above.
If you found this post useful, then please let me know by leaving a comment, better yet, share this page with your friends using the social buttons below!